Research shows approximately 40% of women suffer from sexual dysfunction, 10% more than men. Regrettably, ways to treat these conditions are limited for females than for males.
Dyspareunia is one of a number of conditions that’s been a notable cause of pain for many women. It refers to painful sexual intercourse caused by medical or psychological reasons. Almost 75% of women have experienced painful sex at certain times in their lives. This needs to be addressed.
Our experienced physical therapists at Oklahoma Physical Therapy have developed treatments to deal with Dyspareunia without having to resort to injections or medications.
What Causes Dyspareunia?
Painful sex for women is caused by any of these circumstances:
- Any kind of fear about sex
- Anxiety and stress
- History of sexual abuse or rape
- Vaginismus, or muscle spasms of the vagina
- Scar tissue from childbirth or surgery
- Lack of vaginal lubrication
- Other vaginal conditions
- Managing your stress levels
- Focusing on a healthy diet for better bodily functions
- Striving for a healthy body through daily exercises
- Sleeping well to alleviate physical issues, including Dyspareunia
How We Can Help
It is important to note that certain conditions can affect your ability to follow through with the suggestions above. The healthcare professionals at the Oklahoma Physical Therapy are highly trained to deal with exactly these types of cases. The physical therapists can meet and discuss your medical history and can conduct a thorough medical examination to find the specific physical therapy treatment that would best work for you.
It is possible for Dyspareunia and all the issues it brings with it to become only but a distant memory. Let us help. Contact us today and let us get you back to enjoying those intimate moments with the one you love.